Depending on the state, county or province, the laws regarding red light camera ticket citations are different. Some red light camera ticket photos can't be used or enforced for different reasons. These are the top 10 reasons for the tickets not being enforced:
1) Both images do not show vehicle through intersection during the red light
2) Unreadable license plate due to glare, lighting or obstruction of license plate
3) No license plate or the dealer plate logo is showing from transfer of ownership
4) Out of State plates - Not sure about this one in every State?
5) Weather related image distortion due to rain, snow, dust or wind
6) Invalid or temporary license plates
7) No DMV match to the registered vehicle driver, some states only require photo of the vehicle
8) Traffic signal, camera, flash malfunction
9) Poor image quality or focus
10) The driver was not you and you may submit a Declaration of Non-liability.
As always we would appreciate here feedback about your experiences related to the enforcement of tickets due to these circumstances and any others we are missing. We are especially curious about #4) out of State plates and the enforcement of tickets.
Please do not consider any of the information on this page as legal representative advice to be used in any court of law. PhotoEnforced.com will not be held liable for any information in this article.
- Search & Add
- Fighting Tickets
A Traffic Camera Is Not The Same As A Red Light Camera Many of our readers often get confused about the different between a red lig...
Red light camera tickets typically take from 3-7 business days to process and are mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. We r...
Check the Certificate of Mailing Date and Get Your Red Light Camera Ticket Dismissed. After a careful review of the red light camera...
Search the Map for "Live Traffic" To Only See Traffic Cameras We added all of New York City's Live DOT Traffic Camer...
A typical red light camera intersection has cameras positioned at a corner of an intersection, on poles a few yards high. The video and pho...
Every wonder why there are warning signs for red light cameras at some intersections but not all? According to VC§ 21455.5(a) (1), “Wa...
Our database currently tracks approximately 49 cities that have active red light camera locations. California currently has 385+ active...
License Plate Recognition (ALPR) cameras originated in Europe where it is called Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR). In North Am...
What do these cameras do? The overhead cameras you see at a traffic signals are for detecting the presence of vehicles in order to prov...
In the State of California getting a red light camera will cost you a $446 plus other fees the amount to around $5000. However, many Cal...