Depending on the state, county or province, the laws regarding red light camera ticket citations are different. Some red light camera ticket photos can't be used or enforced for different reasons. These are the top 10 reasons for the tickets not being enforced:
1) Both images do not show vehicle through intersection during the red light
2) Unreadable license plate due to glare, lighting or obstruction of license plate
3) No license plate or the dealer plate logo is showing from transfer of ownership
4) Out of State plates - Not sure about this one in every State?
5) Weather related image distortion due to rain, snow, dust or wind
6) Invalid or temporary license plates
7) No DMV match to the registered vehicle driver, some states only require photo of the vehicle
8) Traffic signal, camera, flash malfunction
9) Poor image quality or focus
10) The driver was not you and you may submit a Declaration of Non-liability.
As always we would appreciate here feedback about your experiences related to the enforcement of tickets due to these circumstances and any others we are missing. We are especially curious about #4) out of State plates and the enforcement of tickets.
Please do not consider any of the information on this page as legal representative advice to be used in any court of law. PhotoEnforced.com will not be held liable for any information in this article.
A Traffic Camera Is Not The Same As A Red Light Camera Many of our readers often get confused about the different between a red lig...
Red light camera tickets typically take from 3-7 business days to process and are mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. We r...
Every wonder why there are warning signs for red light cameras at some intersections but not all? According to VC§ 21455.5(a) (1), “Wa...
Check the Certificate of Mailing Date and Get Your Red Light Camera Ticket Dismissed. After a careful review of the red light camera...
License Plate Recognition (ALPR) cameras originated in Europe where it is called Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR). In North Am...
Our database currently tracks approximately 49 cities that have active red light camera locations. California currently has 385+ active...
A typical red light camera intersection has cameras positioned at a corner of an intersection, on poles a few yards high. The video and pho...
In the State of California getting a red light camera will cost you a $446 plus other fees the amount to around $5000. However, many Cal...
Drives Should Be Wary of Short Yellow Lights at Camera Enforced Intersections If you get a red light photo ticket one of the things ...
Thousands of highway and intersection traffic cameras are utilized for observing traffic flow and also being silent witness to traffic a...